تاریخ عضویت
    Feb 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 12,837 بار در 1,573 ارسال

DIY = Do It Yourself

Hello Dear Friends

This topic is for sharing Astronomical DIYs. Whether those you find in the net & astronomic sites or those you did them by yourself.

Hope you use & enjoy it
    ویرایش توسط stargazer : 10-31-2011 در ساعت 12:36 PM

2. Top | #11
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 11,960 بار در 1,080 ارسال

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط پیمان اکبرنیا نمایش پست ها
    Thanks for your attention. I know that we need more help for english topics and I try to help but unfortunately I think that I don't have enough english writing skills to patricipate (actually It takes too much time for me to write in english and I have many other responsibilities in the forum which takes a huge amount of time and energy

the primary goals of english section are these two
    (1)
    Collecting good english articles for iranian amatures which miss stargazer and amiri and other friends are doing it in the best way

(2)
    Writing and translating good material and articles about iranian astronomical groups, projects, scientists and etc for english readers

I think we should work better for second goal. This needs more help from our other friends In forum who I think have good potential to do this job

again I thank miss amiri and miss stargazer for their extensive efforts

Don't mention it, you are our professor. Sure you are right, I mean other members join these topics

The goals that you clarified, are certainly our aim of English Forum. I hope in the not too distant future we'll reach our aim but actually when we improve, that the others cooperate with us.

I believe by working in English topics , we can improve our skills of writing and reading in english, too. So it has so much benefits to us. After improving our skill of writing ,we can reach the second goal
    Thanks Mr Akbarnia for your useful suggestion

Ok dear friends let's join and help us

امضای ایشان
    وقتی خدا را دیدم که مشکلم را حل می کرد، من به توانایی او ایمان می آوردم

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

می فهمیدم او به توانایی من ایمان دارد...

3. 8 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

4. Top | #12
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Collapsible Tripod Spreader

Collapsible Tripod Spreader

I really liked the tripod that came with the Orion Sky View Deluxe, except for the spreader. It was a very nice tray that attached to a hinge on each leg of the tripod with screws and wing nuts. It was only easy to transport if the spreader was removed to allow the legs to collapse, but then it was difficult to put together in the dark without loosing a wing nut. I designed this collapsible spreader using some aluminum straps and strap hinges, with a hub cut from sheet aluminum. Now you just lift up on the hub, and the whole thing collapses together with nothing to unbolt. I can also set the tray on the spreader, with a locator pin in the center so the tray stays in place. Now it is far more portable, and much quicker and less frustrating to set up

امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

5. 9 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

6. Top | #13
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Caring for Your Optics

Caring for Your Optics

Any telescope or binocular that you use for astronomy, no matter how humble it may be, deserves the best care you can give it. Much of the time you’ll be using it right at the limit of its capabilities, and when you’re trying to see very faint objects or fine detail, little things make a big difference

Then again, life is full of imperfections, and there’s no point fretting about them. Every telescope gets dirty. Dirt on lenses or mirrors scatters light, making dark skies less dark and bright objects less crisp — but not nearly as much as you probably think. The right attitude toward optics means knowing when to be vigilant and when to relax

The first tactic against dirt is defensive, and this is when you should be vigilant. Keep the lens caps on when the instrument is not in use. If it’s missing a cap, make your own; a shower cap, or a plastic bag or dishcloth held over the front of the tube by a rubber band, works fine. As for the eyepiece holder, a plastic canister for 35-mm film fits the standard 1¼-inch focuser size. So does a wad of cloth

I store my two reflectors with their main and secondary mirrors both facing somewhat down. That way dust won’t settle on them in storage. Eyepieces should be capped on both ends or kept in plastic bags or small plastic food containers. Telescope retailers sell cheap, durable cases to store and protect eyepieces

Never touch the surface of a lens or mirror. The acids in skin oil can attack optical coatings over time. If you do leave a fingerprint on, say, a binocular lens, clean it off using the method described below

So much for vigilance — now to relax. Dirt happens, and in moderate amounts it has amazingly little effect on performance. In his book Star Testing Astronomical Telescopes, Harold Richard Suiter analyzes the effects of dirty optics in full mathematical detail. His conclusion? “The maximum amount of dirt [that a perfectionist] should tolerate on the optics is about 1/1000 of the surface area, the size of a single obstruction about 1/30 of the diameter.” In other words, on a 10-inch-diameter telescope mirror you can have as much dirt as in a completely opaque blot a third of an inch across. That’s quite a lot of crud to have no effect at all

Don’t decide to clean mirrors on the basis of shining a light down the tube at night,” advises Suiter. “All mirrors fail such a harsh inspection.” After you’ve done what you can to prevent dust, ignore it

There’s a good reason to ignore dirt, aside from reducing the things to worry about in life. A dirty lens or mirror can always be made clean, but a scratched one is scratched forever. Cleaning causes tiny scratches, or sleeks, if you don’t do it right, and maybe even if you do. A few sleeks don’t matter, but a lot of them will. So clean your optics rarely

But if things get really bad and you decide a cleaning has to be done, I will describe how to do it,
    in the next post

To be continued.....

ویرایش توسط هانیه امیری : 06-29-2012 در ساعت 03:21 PM دلیل: writing the last phrase"To be continued"
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

7. 7 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

8. Top | #14
    کاربر ممتاز

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر ممتاز
    تاریخ عضویت
    Dec 2010
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 6,249 بار در 703 ارسال

thank you honey for this useful topic

I read the last post and it makes me to ask u one question:
    about the cleanin' lenses and mirrors of a telescope the passage just explained about how sensibility of the mirrors and lenses are
    but by what kind of matters we can clean the surface of a lense or mirror?
    thanks alot!
    امضای ایشان

9. 6 کاربر مقابل از gandom عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

10. Top | #15
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط gandom نمایش پست ها
    thank you honey for this useful topic

I read the last post and it makes me to ask u one question:
    about the cleanin' lenses and mirrors of a telescope the passage just explained about how sensibility of the mirrors and lenses are
    but by what kind of matters we can clean the surface of a lense or mirror?
    thanks alot!
    Thank you dear gandom for your attention

I'm so sorry, I forgot to write that the post will be continued

I hope you'll get your answers in the next posts

ویرایش توسط هانیه امیری : 06-29-2012 در ساعت 05:22 PM
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

11. 8 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

12. Top | #16
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Caring for Your Optics-2

Cleaning Lenses

The quick and easy way to dust eyepieces is to lay a finger across the eye end (without touching the glass!) and suck air under your finger past the lens. (This moves the dust from the eyepiece to your lungs, but every astronomer knows which is more important.) The job takes about one second.
    If that doesn’t do it, the traditional method for dusting optics is to brush lightly with a camel’s-hair brush. Sold in camera shops, these brushes have soft bristles with minimum tendency to scrape grit against a lens. Brush very lightly. Store the brush in its container or a plastic bag

Camera shops also sell cans of compressed gas for blowing dust off lenses. Be careful with the kind that use liquid propellants; these have a reputation for spitting onto the glass and leaving a residue if the can is tipped or shaken in use. Blowing (instead of sucking) with your own breath is also likely to leave spit marks

For tougher dirt or stains, various lens-cleaning solutions are available. Good ones are pure isopropyl alcohol or methyl alcohol (methanol), available in drug stores and hardware stores, respectively. Standard, diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol works well too and is easier to find, but avoid alcohol preparations with other ingredients that may leave stains. Camera shops sell lens-cleaning fluids such as Crystal Clear, which is pure methanol, but you can get methanol much cheaper in a hardware store. Also available are “lens pens” with a soft, retractable, solvent-impregnated cleaning pad

You’ll need a soft, grit-free wipe. A well-washed piece of pure cotton cloth works well. Moisten it with the fluid and swirl the fluid gently across the lens, applying no pressure. If necessary, rub dry with a fresh piece very gently. Don’t drop liquid directly onto the glass. It’s liable to seep around the edge of the lens into the cell and carry dissolved grime onto interior surfaces, staining them

Eyelash and fingerprint oil may discolor coatings permanently if left on long enough. But such stainsare only cosmetic, eyepiece manufacturers insist, and should have no detectable effect on performance.
    If problems develop inside the eyepiece, it’s best not to take it apart. You are almost certain to tilt and jam (“cock”) a lens element, and if you try too hard to uncock it, the edge will chip. Instead, call the manufacturer and ask about a professional cleaning

The big front lenses of refractors and mirror-lens telescopes should not be taken out of their cells except by an expert. Again, the danger is cocking and chipping the glass — or not re-assembling everything exactly the way it was! Big lenses can be cleaned right in place the same way as small ones, by using more time and fluid

To be continued.....

ویرایش توسط stargazer : 07-22-2012 در ساعت 10:19 PM دلیل: change font
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

13. 4 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

14. Top | #17
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Caring for Your Optics-3

Cleaning a Mirror

To clean the mirrors in a reflector telescope, you’ll need to be confident about taking the telescope apart and putting it back together again — and about collimating the telescope (aligning the mirrors) once it’s back together

How do you know whether your mirrors need cleaning? It’s simple: if you’re asking the question, they don’t! Leave the mirrors alone unless they are so obviously crudded up (probably due to careless storage) that there’s no question

If you do go ahead, here’s the cleaning procedure.
    Undo the screws attaching the main mirror’s cell to the back end of the tube. Reach in the back and gently pull out the cell with the mirror inside it. Unscrew the clips holding the mirror in, and push the mirror out from the back without touching its shiny surface

You’ll also need to remove the holder for the small secondary mirror inside the front end of the tube, and then get the secondary mirror out of the holder

The first and most important cleaning step is to remove all grit correctly.Ordinary house dust contains bits of rock powder, and rubbing this stuff against glass (or, actually, against delicate optical coatings) causes sleeks. So you’ll need to get rid of grit without rubbing

You’ll need the kitchen sink, two towels, liquid detergent, a bottle of distilled or demineralized (“de-ionized”) water (available in drugstores), and a package of sterile cotton (if it’s sterile it’s more likely to be grit free). Wash out the sink, rinse it well, and lay a folded towel on the bottom. Take off any jewelry from your hands and wrists. Put the mirror face-up onthe towel, and with the drain open, blast the mirror’s surface with room-temperature water for a few minutes. This will remove most dust and grit safely

From left to right: The safest way to remove grit from a telescope mirror is to blast the surface with tap water. That may be all you need to do. If dirt remains, swish the surface lightly with clean cotton in lukewarm water and detergent. Rinse with tap water, then do a final rinse with distilled water (to prevent water stains). Set on edge to dry. You can draw off remaining drops with the corner of a paper towel.

Turn off the tap and give the mirror a final rinse with a slosh of distilled or demineralized water. This will leave no mineral deposits when it dries. Stand the mirror on edge (on a folded towel to prevent slipping) and let it dry. You can draw off stubborn water droplets carefully with the corner of a paper towel. If the mirror looks reasonably clean, quit while you’re ahead. You can’t scratch a mirror you haven’t touched.

If it’s still cruddy, there’s more here than just surface dust, so you’ll need to go to Plan B. Plug the sink, put the mirror back in on the towel, and fill the sink halfway with lukewarm water. Add a squirt of liquid detergent and let the mirror soak for 5 or 10 minutes. Then, holding it underwater, swirl it around for a last chance at rinsing off loose grit.
    Take a wad of cotton and, starting at one edge, swab the mirror in one direction, applying no pressure beyond the weight of the cotton itself. Grit is less abrasive wet than dry, so do this step under water if you can

Turn the cotton over in a backward-rolling motion as you go, so that as soon as a part of it rubs the surface, that part is carried up and away from the glass. Throw out the wad when it has been turned completely. For a big mirror, the job may take a lot of cotton

It’s good to work in complete silence. If you make sleeks, you may actually hear them! If so, stop and proceed to the rinse.
    Drain the sink and run lukewarm water over the mirror for a minute. Finish with a rinse of distilled water, and tilt the mirror on edge to dry. Repeat the process with the small secondary mirror

If you’re ever faced with a truly ghastly cleaning job — for instance, if you’ve just rescued a $2,000 telescope from 10 years of moldy exile in a relative’s basement (something we get calls about all too often) — call the manufacturer and ask about a professional makeover. It may not come cheap, but it’ll be cheaper than a new scope

The right attitude is to be vigilant about preventing dirty lenses and mirrors — and then forget about them. Perfectionists are never happy, but astronomy should be fun. After all, what matters is not what you see on your telescope, but what you see through it

ویرایش توسط stargazer : 07-22-2012 در ساعت 10:20 PM دلیل: change font
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

15. 5 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

16. Top | #18
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Adding a Webcam to your Telescope-1

Adding a Webcam to your Telescope

Many of us have wanted to capture that great lunar or planetary image to share with friends, or just use as wallpaper on a PC. There are plenty of FAQ on the Web covering image processing but this project goes back to the basic steps; how to get the image in the first place

What you need
    :
    A webcam, many sites talk about the ToUCam but I have found the old (2003 vintage) Logitech QuickCam is an excellent starting point. Have a look on eBay and you will quickly find one close by; the one used in the FAQ cost me $12.50. Make sure it has a CCD sensor, not the much older CMOS type

Small hand tools

(A rubber doorstop (No kidding, keep reading

Some tape

A laptop or PC close to your telescope

AVI software that comes with the camera or can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.

Modify the webcam

What we are after is the CCD image sensor from the camera, the actual chip that does the conversion of the analogue signal (the light) into the digital pulses that make up our final image. So first, some surgery:

This is our starting point. To get it open, you may be able to unscrew the housing or you may have to cut it open. If the latter is needed, I have found a fine coping saw blade or better still one of the small tools by Dremel work very well. The main thing is to get it open without damaging anything inside.
    Once that is done, we have something like this:

In this particular camera, we have two surplus connectors for the shutter release and the microphone. All we want is the main board itself and the attached CCD chip.

Remove the board from the shell and unclip any extra connectors, then remove the lens that is fitted. On the Logitech cameras with is a rather crudely machined plastic screw thread, just unscrew until it comes off

In the photo above you can clearly see our prize; the CCD chip and associated electronics

...To be continued
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

17. 5 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

18. Top | #19
    کاربر فعال
    مدیر تالار

عنوان کاربر
    ديوان سالار ويكی نجوم
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر

Adding a Webcam to your Telescope-2

DIY = Do It Yourself         

The next step is to put is all together again so the electronics are protected and the whole unit is a bit more robust. Since the camera we are using here has a screw together housing that was simple

Now for the next bit, mounting the camera to the telescope.

Mount the modified camera to your telescope

For lunar or planetary imaging, we are using the prime focus of the scope only, sometimes using a 2x Barlow. This means that we need to mount the camera directly to the focuser and that is where the rubber doorstop comes in

What we need is in fact the mounting block for the doorstop as it just so happens that this piece of plastic is a perfect fit for the focuser on my telescope. Of course you can substitute anything you like or have handy here; a 35mm film can is a good choice, some small food container would also do.

Drill a hole in your chosen mounting block to suit the size of the CCD chip and still leave enough plastic in place for a secure mount. I chose the quick and dirty method of electrician’s tape to secure my camera though you may decide to be a bit more fancy.

Note the CCD is clearly visible in the last photo.
    Finally, time to mount the camera to the focuser.
    On the left below is the camera mounted to my f7 / 130mm telescope. On the right is the whole setup

One nice thing about the Logitech cameras is that they come with about 2 metres of USB cable making connection to the laptop easy.

Now you’re all set up, start following instructions for capturing and processing images.

From
    :http://www.iceinspace.com.au/home.html
    ویرایش توسط stargazer : 07-22-2012 در ساعت 10:21 PM دلیل: change font
    امضای ایشان

و وقتی حل نمی کرد

19. 5 کاربر مقابل از هانیه امیری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

صفحه 2 از 2 نخستنخست 12

اطلاعات موضوع

کاربرانی که در حال مشاهده این موضوع هستند

در حال حاضر 1 کاربر در حال مشاهده این موضوع است. (0 کاربران و 1 مهمان ها)

کلمات کلیدی این موضوع

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست کنید.
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •  
© تمامی حقوق برای آوا استار محفوظ بوده و هرگونه کپی برداري از محتوای انجمن پيگرد قانونی دارد