تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2013
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 109 بار در 6 ارسال

Astronomy Class in English

Dear friends,

We're planning to start an English class with astronomy/cosmology as the central themes.

The goal is to improve our English through educational material about astronomy. There's plenty of awesome material out there for this purpose: besides interesting texts from books, magazines and websites, there are lots of really exciting documentaries, podcasts, and interactive multimedia. We could practice speaking about astronomy so that when one day you go on a field trip to observe the sky with an international team, you have no trouble communicating with them.

Please let us know what you think about this project. We look forward to your suggestions and comments.

2. Top | #2
    کاربر ممتاز
    مدیر ارشد

عنوان کاربر
    مدیر ارشد
    تاریخ عضویت
    Jun 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 12,272 بار در 1,234 ارسال

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط earthling نمایش پست ها
    Dear friends,

We're planning to start an English class with astronomy/cosmology as the central themes.

The goal is to improve our English through educational material about astronomy. There's plenty of awesome material out there for this purpose: besides interesting texts from books, magazines and websites, there are lots of really exciting documentaries, podcasts, and interactive multimedia. We could practice speaking about astronomy so that when one day you go on a field trip to observe the sky with an international team, you have no trouble communicating with them.

Please let us know what you think about this project. We look forward to your suggestions and comments.
    hello dear friend
    and thanks alot because of your attempt in this field
    first of all I have a question about the bold text above!!!
    improving users' English by kind of teaching astronomy in English!! I thing it won't answer
    I have a little different suggestion : teach the special astronomy terms to the users who know English (although depend on their level, the teaching will be different)
    now it's 3years I'm performing stargazing tours for the tourists(you can find my name in "Lonely planet"book , a famous international tourism book) but not only my English level was good, but also I was an astronomer, so I just learned astronomical terms(the name of stars,constellations, sky objects,etc..)and a simple literature for describing the sky and univers to others
    امضای ایشان

3. 18 کاربر مقابل از رضا طامهری عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

4. Top | #3
    کاربر ممتاز

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر ممتاز
    تاریخ عضویت
    May 2012
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 18,241 بار در 2,271 ارسال

نقل قول نوشته اصلی توسط رضا طامهری نمایش پست ها
    hello dear friend
    and thanks alot because of your attempt in this field
    first of all I have a question about the bold text above!!!
    improving users' English by kind of teaching astronomy in English!! I thing it won't answer
    I have a little different suggestion : teach the special astronomy terms to the users who know English (although depend on their level, the teaching will be different)
    now it's 3years I'm performing stargazing tours for the tourists(you can find my name in "Lonely planet"book , a famous international tourism book) but not only my English level was good, but also I was an astronomer, so I just learned astronomical terms(the name of stars,constellations, sky objects,etc..)and a simple literature for describing the sky and univers to others
    Hello Mr. Tamehri
    Teaching is something and improving and talking english is a different things as I thuoght. I first met Mr. Amini in Maranjab Astronomical Tour and I should confess that the English Talking part of this Tour was the best part of it. It was the first time for me that I could share my astronomical knowledge with my friends and learn more from them all in English. It was a rare moment also, that I examined myself in a differnet conditions, friends with different language and stars with different names. That was a great exercise for me to feel how should it be if I travel to another country and that's what I want to do in near future espesially for the Total Solar Eclipses. in there, knowing the informal talking and every day conversation is more important than knowing of special astronomy terms that just we need them in specials situations or in books. knowing of star names and their constellations is just enough for speaking with a foreign friend. moreover, by talking more and more we could go further and further and talk about anything even in advanced astronomy's field and science. this is just an start and more proceeding is depening all on us.J
    امضای ایشان
    “Most people die at 25 and aren’t buried until they’re 75.”
    Benjamin Franklin

5. 12 کاربر مقابل از mohsen4465 عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

6. Top | #4
    کاربر ممتاز

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر ممتاز
    تاریخ عضویت
    Sep 2011
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 2,674 بار در 300 ارسال

perfect idea
    I think astronomy can help us to improve our English skills
    we all love astronomy and also need English in every parts of our life,so why don't we mix them ?I believe we will learn better when love topic! after finishing this class we learn both English and astronomy.
    امضای ایشان

Imagination
    is more important than knowledge

7. 11 کاربر مقابل از space عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

8. Top | #5

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر فعال
    تاریخ عضویت
    Oct 2013
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 109 بار در 6 ارسال

Dear friends,

Thanks for your kind support and for useful ideas. One aspect of proficiency in a language is how well you can present facts and opinions in a well-structured and coherent manner. It is not only what you say, but how you say it. In response to Mr. Tamehri, I would like to point out that learning astronomical terminology is a matter of using dictionaries and reference books. Although it is important and useful and will certainly be covered in the class, but my intention is really to practice thinking and reasoning in the target language, so that we can interpret our experience in a different way. A foreign language can provide us with the opportunity to reorganize our knowledge and develop new insight. My hope is that through our interaction with each other, we will discover new meaning in familiar concepts. When you try to explain these concepts and discuss them with others, you might find alternative ways to think about issues. You might also become aware of an inconsistency in your knowledge and be forced to review your beliefs. I encourage everyone to think of ways we can carry out this project.

For a start, let me put a question to all of you. Does anyone know why the orbits of planets lie more or less in the same plane while the Oort clould surrounds the solar system in a sphere?

Here's another: Let's suppose, there's a system comprised of one lone star and only one planet without a satellite. Can we say that the planet is orbitting the star and not vice versa (even though their common center of gravity lies very close to the core of the star)? What does this idea tell us about the heliocentric view of the solar system?

9. 9 کاربر مقابل از earthling عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

10. Top | #6
    کاربر فعال

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر فعال
    تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2012
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 833 بار در 77 ارسال

dudes and darlings

i wish i could join the conversation as active in English as we've been someday not long ago
    the whole world is against any kind of coolness these days , and the time stretches down and brings us with himself,

i do my best to be useful here , make it count
    امضای ایشان
    Hallelujah.,

11. 11 کاربر مقابل از Ali Ahmadi عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

12. Top | #7
    کاربر جدید

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر جدید
    تاریخ عضویت
    Aug 2013
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 17 بار در 3 ارسال

cool job boyz
    but wats the purpose ? its a hard-line sweat for every one engaged because you should probably face a lot of subject matte & things in this filed that stretch difficulty even fo professional so i suggest three or four level for better result also you can run pros and cons conversion in front of it of course base on challenging subject like astronomy vs astrology and so on!

13. 7 کاربر مقابل از mazyar123 عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

14. Top | #8
    کاربر جدید

عنوان کاربر
    کاربر جدید
    تاریخ عضویت
    May 2012
    شماره عضویت
    نوشته ها
    تشکر
    تشکر شده 98 بار در 18 ارسال

Astronomy Class in English         
    very interesting and useful idea
    I'm sure your innovative program will be appreciated though it requires plenty of time and efforts
    to expand and promote in scientific and astronomical communities.
    i wish it to be commenced as soon as possible.

15. 5 کاربر مقابل از aryaii عزیز به خاطر این پست مفید تشکر کرده اند.

اطلاعات موضوع

کاربرانی که در حال مشاهده این موضوع هستند

در حال حاضر 1 کاربر در حال مشاهده این موضوع است. (0 کاربران و 1 مهمان ها)

موضوعات مشابه

1. Astronomy club
    توسط gandom در انجمن Astronomical discussions
    پاسخ ها: 1
    آخرين نوشته: 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
  2. Astronomical References in English
    توسط پیام بهرام پور در انجمن Astronomical discussions
    پاسخ ها: 13
    آخرين نوشته: 10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
  3. English Forum's Announcements
    توسط stargazer در انجمن Astronomical discussions
    پاسخ ها: 0
    آخرين نوشته: 05-17-2012, 03:26 PM
  4. Textbook on Spherical Astronomy by W.M.Smart
    توسط Fowad در انجمن Astronomical discussions
    پاسخ ها: 2
    آخرين نوشته: 05-11-2012, 07:03 AM
  5. Beautiful Mind-Spherical Astronomy's Questions
    توسط Fowad در انجمن Astronomical discussions
    پاسخ ها: 1
    آخرين نوشته: 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM

کلمات کلیدی این موضوع

مجوز های ارسال و ویرایش

• شما نمیتوانید موضوع جدیدی ارسال کنید
  • شما امکان ارسال پاسخ را ندارید
  • شما نمیتوانید فایل پیوست کنید.
  • شما نمیتوانید پست های خود را ویرایش کنید
  •  
© تمامی حقوق برای آوا استار محفوظ بوده و هرگونه کپی برداري از محتوای انجمن پيگرد قانونی دارد